Search This Blog

Saturday, August 26, 2006

As the Sun Sinks Slowly in the West



Everytime I hear someone say "as the sun sinks slowly in the West", I flash on an old cartoon, no doubt a Looney Toon, and chuckle. I was getting all smug about being the most West, but realized I live on a globe and west-ness in all relative. The more I think about that, the dizzier I get, so I'm going to cut it out now.

I attempted to translate Pink into English so I could knit the socks up in the much abused and crunchy blue Wildefoote. I managed the pattern but will just have to wing the gusset and toe.

Chris , enabler that she is, has talked me into starting Shetland Triangle, and so far I haven't thrown this lace probject down in disgust. Her pink Jaggerspun Zephyr example was so lovely, I couldn't help it. The little Fir Cones pucker up, so I hope my alpaca version blocks out as nice.

That makes 4 projects on the needles, a new record for this former serial knitter!

11 comments:

LisaB said...

That is such a gorgeous picture! You are more west than I am!

Lolly said...

Beautiful picture, indeed!

Please tell Chris we miss her and want to see her! ;)

aija said...

Beautiful photo! Also, thanks for the link to the "pink" pattern, its really interesting looking (even though 3 years of high school German isn't helping me translate it!) :)

kimberly said...

Gorgeous picture. How is Chris doing? I miss her!!!

debbie said...

such a beautiful artistic sky shot! and i'd like to see your "pink" sock - it's such a nice looking sock pattern...tell chris we wait to hear her....

somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

That is an amazing photo! Have you sent it to Sandy yet? She would LOVE it. And how is Chris? I enjoy reading her trials with lace because I feel the same way at times!
=:8

mysticalfeet said...

Looking down my way, I guess...gorgeousness!
Yes, I never really know if East is East or if it's really West, after I start thinking about it. So much better to assume the world is flat...

Pink is a cute sock! I didn't realize you spoke German. Renaissance woman that you are, it should come as no surprise!

Laura said...

that's a gorgeous picture!

and gah! i'm with lolly! tell chris that laura from affiknitty said hi.

KnitPastis said...

I am amazed at some of the sky views you get over there. You have been knitting like crazy girl. Missed ya!

Dipsy D. said...

What an amazing pic - thanks for sharing! I'm looking forward to seeing how your "Pink" - version turns out, it's been such a fun knit! And if you need any help with translating the pattern, feel free to tell me, I'll be glad to help!

vanessa said...

gorgeous photo!