Search This Blog

Monday, November 24, 2014

Granola Muffins

My recipe card says this recipe is from Prepared Pantry and is called Great Granola Muffins.  I can't locate it on their site, so here it is.

1 1/3 cup unbleached flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups of granola (I use homemade)
2 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup oil
1 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 400 deg.   (375 deg in my convection oven)
Mix granola with buttermilk and let stand while preparing the pan and muffin mix.  I use paper muffin cup liners since I have them and the clean up is easier, otherwise, grease lightly.
Combine dry ingredients.  Add rest of ingredients including moistened granola.  Optional, add 1/3 cup of chocolate chips.  Mix well.  Scoop into muffin cups.  I used my large cookie scoop to drop the dough into the paper cups.

Bake  15-20 minutes until golden and toothpick comes on dry.  Cool.

Enjoy with a little butter and jelly. 

No comments: