Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The Ohana Fair, Something Sparkly, Something Sad


I made the blue version of the crystal rope. That is an aquamarine clasp, one of my birthstones.

The Ohana Fair was really packed with people this year. I had to park at the UH and take a shuttle, but it turned out to be quite convenient. I enjoyed the bonsai exhibit, but my pictures did not turn out that well. I am still trying to find out if I can make adjustments to take pictures in darker areas. I loved these sushi pillows, especially the spam musubi.

On the knitting scene, I am working two fronts at once on Ribby Cardi, making the all rib version in Knitpicks Andean silk in black making for very boring wip shots.

The holiday visitors are still straggling in. Sister number 4 and son will be leaving tonight.


I got sad news from a penpal (we've been writing since I was in 5th grade). His wife died at age 49 and he pondered why so young. I often wonder why, too.




White iris blooming

Pretty, quick sunset

Savor precious moments now

6 comments:

Jillio said...

wow...that is a gorgeous bracelet!
are you talking about that thing that was going on by the japanese cultural center? i was wondering what that was...hmmm...
i bought one of the spam musubi pillows for a friend on the mainland. he liked it :)
i'm sorry about your friend's wife. 49 is young. my parents are going to be 49 this year...

Anonymous said...

The bracelet is beautiful. My birthstone is aquamarine too. Hmm, I didn't know you could have more than one birthstone.

Sorry to hear about your penpal's wife.

Anonymous said...

Oooo. I just saw a couple samples of bracelets similar to yours at Creations By You. They had one in a variegated pink and I think an aqua/green one. They teach it as a class. Did you take a class? I missed the fair this year! :( Now I have to wait a whole year! Oh, I ordered some yarn from Joann's online. I only ordered 2 skeins of each color. I hope I don't regret it! It's the Paton's merino wool. I thought I could start with some smaller projects as a beginner. So sorry to hear of your friend's wife. Gee, you two have been penpals a long time. 49 is so very young. Take care.

Anonymous said...

This is so very sad about your penpal's wife - life's way too short to waste just a minute of it...
The bracelet you did is so very beautiful, I adore the colours!

LisaB said...

That bracelet is gorgeous! And the sunset. Wouldn't mind looking at that everyday!

Rachel said...

What a beautiful bracelet! You are so crafty!

I'm very sorry about your friend's wife. It's good that you can be there to be a friend to him at this time.

Oh, I checked your link to the Ribby Cardi . . . . Big mistake. Now I have another project I want to do . . ..