I've been tagged by Kelly Jo She just moved to KnitFrogRepeat
I think I did this one awhile back.
The rules are:
Once tagged, you must link to the person who tagged you. Then post the rules before your list, and list 8 random things about yourself. At the end of the post, you must tag and link to 8 other people, visit their sites, and leave a comment letting them know they've been tagged.
Eight Random Things About me
1. I've been on a diet since birth. My mother is obsessed with weight and food. I'm trying to overcome it. I used to be very physically active, but now work and all my hobbies are sedentary. Yes, I know better, but if you offer me a very tasty piece of chocolate (like a dark chocolate covered macadamia nut), I still often say yes and pop it in my mouth. Yikes!
2. My crafts have been a series of obsessions. In middle school I made paper machette(sp?) jewelry and painted peanuts to look like bugs. In college I knit. In my 30s and 40s I sewed. There was the pincushion phase, the book cover phase, quilitng, and the rabbit phase, to name a few. Now I mostly knit again.
3. I like to grow pineapples in my patio. They are very low maintenance and the pineapples are very sweet ripened to perfection before being picked.
4. Right now I'm going through a "men are icky" relationship stage. The exception, of course my sons, who are the best:) The other exception being some of the blogger's husbands who from what I read are very nice and considerate.
5. Nature amazes me. The storms in Kansas, the quiet of fresh fallen snow, the red sand tracing flash floods in the Grand Canyon, the blue of Lanikai, the glow of sunset, the diversity in color and shape of flowers. Can't beat it.
6. I always thought I would age gracefully...haha, I thought I would giggle and smile through labor pains, too. Now I color my hair and worry about all those strange spots on my skin like grandma had.
7. I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. I think I have time for another career. But just what would that be?
8. I feel lucky to live in Nuuanu. It is cool, green and lush. I don't mind the rain (liquid sunshine!). As the saying goes, no rain, no rainbows.
I will have to work on a tag list but I'm inviting all the Hawaii and Aloha Knitters to join in and do this meme even if you did it before.
Pattern: Doll and Hello Kitty bed/bag from Leisure Arts Scraps Savers, 100 great Little Gifts. Pink Aran in Rowan's Cashoff, adapted from Martha Hayne's Top Down Beanie Sweater. Knit on size 5 Clover bamboo DP. I still have to make the pillow and a few changes of clothes.