Search This Blog

Saturday, November 03, 2007

The Koigu the Cat Ate Comes Back

But, first, the computer WIP.

So far the 6 fans and the black wiring has been quite exciting and the blue lights are very soothing. The slow process is adding back all my favorite proggies, learning the differences between Win2K and XP, and trying to find all the passwords...This is big sucker that actually seems to cool the room instead of heat it up. And surprise no A drive so I had to get the kid to rescue my DJ doodler fonts. I'm so happy to be back online. So many blogs, so little time!

The reknit of the Koigu socks the Cat Ate is finally done. I used the beaded rib on 54 stitches, and they fit me fine, but I wonder if they will fit my niece. Sigh. Does anyone know if the Bitter Apple Cat Repellant works?



I succumbed to these two books as I'm on a quest to find my next sweater project. I have enough yarn for a vest but I'm really fighting the urge to buy more Beaverslide, and I fondled some Plymouth Royal Llama Silk that makes me want to whip that credit card out.

I knit up the Malabrigo pink shrug using a free pattern I found on the Web right before the crash, and I can't find it again to provide a link and credit to the author. I'll keep looking. I didn't make a copy as it was a rectangle with ribbing on both ends. The ribbing on the long edges was picked up and knitted and on both ends is part of the armhole. The two balls of yarn were quite different in the saturation of the dye. The bulky weight was a pleasure to knit and of course it is a cushy as can be. So the bad news is I look ridiculous in the bulky pink shrug, and although I will wear it in the am on these cool Hawaiian fall and winter days, I will not subject the public to pictures of me modelling it!

14 comments:

debbie said...

socks and shrug look beautiful...computer looks scary!

a friend to knit with said...

love those socks......and the ones on flickr too!
ahhh come on! i bet you look fantastic in that shrug! it is really lovely.

Opal said...

So glad the computer is back up and running. The socks look great and I love the shrug! I can't wait to see which sweater will capture your fancy next. Those two books sure do have some beautiful creations in them.

KnitYoga said...

The socks look great and the shrug is very pretty, too. Those two books are on my wishlist. Looking forward to seeing which pattern/s you choose to knit from them.

beadlizard said...

Big chuckle when I read the title for this post!

I need to fuss with four of the computers here but have been procrastinating. Since it's nearly always cool we can make do with tiny quiet fans; can't imagine needing as many as you do! Yikes.

I have been eyeing two big skeins at the farmers' market. Lovely sportweight handspun wool singles in dark onion gold and a gorgeous medium walnut. Actually, I like *all* of her colors, but I promised myself I'd deplete the stash a bit before buying anything new. Maybe for Christmas for myself...

Why is it that the most comfortable shrugs and sweaters don't look as good as the less comfy ones? I like the look of that pink one. If you find the pattern link, please post it?

The Koigu socks look excellent. Are your niece's feet similar to yours? I can't imagine her not wanting those... When I knit for my mom, I just make everything a bit too snug for me, then it fits her. Family feet! --Syl

Rachel said...

Ha ha, I didn't understand a word you said at the beginning of your post, but I definitely got the koigu part! Beautiful socks!

Anonymous said...

I always get a heavy shock when I see the insides of computers - to think that there's people around who actually know what all these cables and lights and whatnot are about and for, is something totally beyond my understanding ;)
Oh, but these socks, they're ever so beautiful - and so is the shrug!!!

Ragan Knits etc... said...

The shrug is lovely! I wonder if that cat repellent really works...our cats ate our wool socks too. Hmmm...
Love the re-do on the socks too, they are so pretty. I hope that the computer stays up and running.

Anonymous said...

I really like the socks! And that shrug is gorgeous. I am looking forward to seeing what your sweater selectio is!

Anonymous said...

Hi Barb!

It's been so long. I haven't been able to manage my time well enough to check out blogs or do my own in months! Love the socks! Looks like you've been traveling! Way cool. Just popping in to say, "Hi!"

Beverly said...

Yeah!!! Welcome back. The socks are lovely as is the shrug. YOu chose some good bocks. I've already picked out the yarn for the cover sweater on the jacket book.

Tia said...

Your socks always rock. They look great as does your shrug. I looked up the yarn you used for your shrug and it is just beautiful stuff!

Anonymous said...

I just got pau reading your entire blog and really enjoyed it. Love the photos from home, especially all the pua nani and the sky and the ocean and... and.....

Soul food for this homesick wahine!

And your knitting is wonderful too.

Acornbud said...

Thanks for stopping by, Mokihana. Do you have a blog?