Search This Blog

Monday, September 21, 2009

Hello Kitty has her day!



My oldest sister is a Hello Kitty junkie so I have a hard time passing by anything Hello Kitty or Sanrio. I was going for a large project bag with the Halloween Hello Kitty fabric. It came out very large. I adore the fabric.

The little zipper bags are a bit of a pain to make as they zipper is sewn in by hand. I found some great little charms at the not so-99 cents store and the recent trade show.



brella has some free Totoro patterns on Ravelry and this is her little chibi Totoro. I love his bobble tail. Normally I avoid bobbles as they just seem redundant, but this is a giant bobble and is really quite cute. He is Beaverslide natural, knit with size 4 needles.

February Lady has not budged for awhile. Montego seasilk scarf has been frogged and is trying to become Ysolda's Damson, but definitely not on size 5 needles.



The final day of Shibori was really fun. I got to talk to blogless Doris who has taken the class many times and had some great samples. She disappeared before I whipped my camera out, but I hope to see her again. This time I got the long kim chee making gloves from Palama Market and my fingers were in pretty good shape, but my feet are still blue.

5 comments:

chris said...

Your shibori is so beautiful; I'm especially in love with the hexagonal patterned one. The Hello Kitty bags are awesome, too. The charms are a great finishing touch. And I had to laugh at your "not so 99 cent store" comment- too true!

weebug said...

that fabric is awesome!

kbrow said...

OH! My heart gave a leap to see the sunny shot of your patio, with the mountain behind it. I love the Shibori so much. I have a dress dyed in indigo, haven't worn it in years, but hang on to it, trying to figure out something cool to do with the fabric.

Opal said...

i adore the HK bags and the shibori fabrics are just so beautiful!

Jennifer said...

Did I mention how much I love those blues? They're really breathtaking! They're especially nice blowing in the breeze like that. Sigh...