Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Over dyeing the Red-Orange Alpaca
My whole dyeing adventure began with a desire to tone this colorway down...going more toward the rust side.
Since I was very happy with my Koigu experiment with Wilton cake dye, I started by dying the yarn red. Well big surprise, lol, it turned red. I imagined that it was toned down and little, but the visiting niece and sister brought me back to reality. It was still screaming red and just a touch less orange. Having only blue left I added just a smidgen to the dye bath, and squirted some around. I was terrified it would all be totally purple or even worse, felted.
So I'm stopping here. It still screams a bit but is more to my liking.