Search This Blog

Monday, June 20, 2011

Port Shawlette, FO


Pattern: Andrea's Shawl by Kirsten Kapur Published in Through The Loops Ravelry Store
Yarn: Madelinetosh Sock, colorway Port. Hand-spun Rapunzel. Hand dyed SW merino roving from Woolen Mill Street Yarns The fiber was a dream to spin.
Needles: size 6

Comments: I knit the medium mostly because I was too lazy to continue the 7 stitch edging. This was in spite of reading that the shawl came out small and knowing I was using a fingering weight rather then sport yarn. So it came out small and would not stretch much. My hand spun ran between a sport to fingering weight and knit up pretty well if I may say so myself. The shades of pink and purple matched well with port madelinetosh. The Madelinetosh was a nice and cushy in a dark purply plum. The pattern is well written and easy to follow. It is my first bottom up shawl. Unlike the top down and sideways shawls, one cannot try it on along the way. I'm think I like the sideways shawls the best, or a rectangular stole.

4 comments:

sandy said...

I like the subtle coloring. Nice handspun and it worked nicely as the edging.

Beverly said...

Your spinning has really taken off and looks great. Puts me to shame considering how log I've had my wheel.

Acornbud said...

Thanks Sandy and Beverly. I want to knit up my hand spun Polwarth before spinning more, but I'm tired of hats.

Daniele said...

Gorgeous! Great job!