Search This Blog

Saturday, October 01, 2011

Hanami, FO



Pattern: Hanami Stole by Melanie Gibbons
Yarn: Baruffa Cashwool. I didn't weigh what I have left, but there is plenty, maybe half a ball.
Needles: Addi Lace, size 3
Mods: none
Comments. This is such a unique and beautiful pattern. The basketweave portion required concentration and I frogged many a row. There are some baggy stitches where I tried dropping stitches down to fix. The cherry blossom portion went much faster, but still I threw in a few k3tog when I ended up with an extra stitch and there are some baggy holes in that section. I'm sure scrunched up they won't be noticeable.

6 comments:

Beverly said...

It's beautiful. Never point out mistakes. They are design elements.

Acornbud said...

Thanks, Beverly. I will love my design elements:)

Silvia M. said...

It looks beautiful!

margene said...

Oh my! It's just beautiful and I agree with Beverly. I can't see a single problem with your shawl. It will be lovely to wrap up in it and show off it's beauty.

sandy said...

It's gorgeous....worth all the fixings and frustration. Love the color too...so cherry blossom.

santos. said...

wow! so beautiful! what patience you have.