Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

More January Projects

Pattern: Alveare by Wooly Wormhead
Yarn: Madelinetosh worsted, colorway Baltic
Needles: 6 and 7
Comments: This pattern is similar to the Noro hat and is easy and fast to knit. I used worsted weight with the same needles, making the medium and it fits well.

Handspun 2ply, wool and silk. It is quite soft and has a nice sheen. I only had enough to make a short cowl.
Pattern: Fields of Ranunculus.I used a size 10 needle and repeated the lacy rows 6 times.
Handspun, 2 ply, Dyed Cotswold-Romney mix purchased at SAFF. I was going for a bulky-worsted. The fiber was very curly and long and I realize now I could have prepped it some more instead of spinning in the short cuts and neps. No doubt this will be knit into a critter, or maybe a felted bowl. I do love the color and it was a fun experience to spin.
Stash Quilt Table Topper 2
Pattern Idea: Patchwork Heart and Disappearing Nine Patch I got brave enough to try out some free motion quilting in the borders and blocks. I definitely will need more practice.

I am quite inspired by Leah Day's Free Motion Quilting Project. She makes it look so easy.

1 comment:

Zonda said...

Love the hat. Lovely handspun and cowl. FMQ gets easier but still nerve wracking trying to tell your quilt where you want the stitching ;)