Search This Blog

Saturday, October 05, 2013

Seattle/Camano Getaway

I had a wonderful little getaway to Seattle and Camano Island while Big Sister and the General were visiting the folks.  I knew they would be in good hands!

I finished Caamaño Socks
Pattern:  Katniss Socks by Rose Hiver, free on Ravelry.
Yarn:  Koigu, a light blue
Needles:  ChiaGoo size one.


I knit my flap 2.25 inch and had 17 end stitches. After picking up the 17 gusset stitches plus the additional two that are knitted together, I had a total of 59 stitches before doing the math for the clever ribbed gusset.  

There was some stash enhancement, but everyone knows sock yarn doesn't count, so I have no guilt and did not hold back.  



The first shop I visited was Bad Woman Yarns in Wallingford.  Free parking!  Yay!  They had a nice selection of Skacel yarns and others. I went for the good stuff.  

Barely seen in the photo is the Madeleine Tosh Sock in Tart.  It was love at first sight.  The second has sparkles and is 88% rayon but sparkles:)  Rayon Metallic by Blue Heron. 



The second yarn shop I visited was Pinchknitter Yarns in Stanwood, Washington.  Sirkku Bingham – Owner and operator, was very friendly and helpful.  I actually went twice since the Katniss sock required stitch markers and I did not bring any with me.  She had some neat HiyaHiya ones that work like safety pins.  They will work for crochet as well.  There were some wonderful samples in the shop.  I got the yarn to make the hexagon sock from Think Outside the Sox. 



Best Foot Forward, by Nashua Handknit will make wild and crazy sox!  When I went back there were some ladies gathered knitting.  Such a warm, bright place.  I loved it!

I'm thinking of Wave, by Skein Designs, for the sparkly stuff and Paraphernalia, by Taina Anttila
for the Tart.  

I stayed a few days with my snowbird friend and family on Camano Island.  Her Halloween/Fall decorations inspired me to come home and make a couple of pillow cases.  Well it started off with table runner, then Halloween dog kerchiefs and then pillow cases.  The pillow cases are a little habit forming to make!



I made mine 24 inches long since my pillows are a little short.


No comments: