Search This Blog

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Terrestrial Ribba

Pattern:  Ribba, by Wooly Wormhead
Yarn:  Knotty Naomi Twisters.  Bond wool, from Southern Cross Fibers.  Colorway Terrestrial. 
Needles:  size 9
Mods:  I did not get gauge, so knit the large and knit 12 rows in rib sections and started my crown decreases 4 rows into the second rib section. 
Comments:  This wool is wonderfully squishy and soft.  The colors make me very happy, especially the way the blue glows. 

Now for a whine.  I decided to join the Downton Abbey Mystery KAL.  The second clue was not knit-able as initially written and I went a bit bonkers.  I had to hibernate the project to "get over it".  I am going to wait until the series is over to insure the bugs are out of the pattern, but it still nags and beckons.  I thought the project was karma as it called for 550 yds of DK weight and I had an luxury skein in my stash.  The yarn did not appreciated being frogged numerous times! But at least the pattern is free.


No comments: