Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Here's Marietta

Once upon a time I lusted for a Cabbage Patch Doll.  I really wanted a girl to sew and knit for having only sons.  Sensibility set in and that dream passed.  But... after knitting a sweater for Molly and hanging out very briefly in the American Girl Knitter's group on Rav ( also know as Enablers R Us)
I adopted Marietta.  I believe it was fate that brought us together since an American Girl doll trial store opened up at Ala Moan Center, and lunch with mom and the Sky Goddess afforded me a shopping opportunity.  That's my story and I'm sticking too it.

She is a nice sized doll to knit for and I may try and sew something for her as well.

Hooded Cape: 
Yarn:  Cascade Sierra?
Mods:Continued seed stitch around  hoodie.  Ran out of wool so hoodie is a little tight and the ties a little short .
Flouncy Skirt:
Yarn:  Knitpick Swish
Mods:Instead of knitting a casing for elastic, I did a 1x1 rib as seen on Rav.  I ran out of yarn literally on the the bind off row, so bound off with Half Moon medium eyelash yarn.  
Socks: 
Yarn.  Lorna's Laces
Mods:  None.  I did the knee high variation.  These do not fit inside the boots that Marietta came in.  It does not take a rocket scientist to know where this will lead to.
I have two quilts to go to the machine quilter after the holiday rush is over.   I practiced my free motion quilting on the St. Patrick's table topper.  I still suck at free motion quilting.  Sigh.  


I used two different patterns of stash Amy Butler fabric and cut 2.5 inch strips.  I followed the Missouri Quilt youtube for Summer in the Park.  

I was able to make two small quilt tops(largest one is 60 inch square) and have enough left for 3 pillows.

The Sky Goddess AKA Yoga Queen wanted mala beads in purple, so I made this one with a fluorite pendant.  Jason at the Bead Gallery helped me with the tassel.  The knots aren't so good as the beads had larger holes so I may be doing this one over in the future.  




1 comment:

sandy said...

Love Marietta!