Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Irish Hiking Mitts, FO


Pattern: 
Yarn:
Aran / 10 ply
100% Wool 
Needles:  
Size 6 DPNs
Mods: I started with a 1x1 twisted rib on the palm side, and  also twisted the knit stitches between the cable.  I knew this pattern would be large.  The wrists were still a bit large. 

The yarn is made in Ireland and I purchased it many moons ago at Madrona.  Since I only had one skein the options were limited.  I tried this yarn out on a few other things, but wouldn't you know it wanted to be Irish Hiking Mitts!  The color has a lot of depth to it and the stitch definition is good. 

I am planning to go to Ireland next year on a tour.  I found out while researching various things that some people I thought were Irish are not...Mumford and Sons and MacKenzie Thorpe for two.   


I have homework researching Ireland.  So far I've come to realize what a complicated history it has!  Hopefully it's geology is a little easier to understand. 

No comments: