Search This Blog

Thursday, February 23, 2017

Catching up on projects

Iphone Bags.  I needed a little pocket for my iphone and essentials for quick jaunts.  I finally found a great tutorial on YouTube, by CollenCherry.  I used some shibori pieces from a class I took a while back at Kuni's Island Fabric.  What a lot of fun that was!
Mods:  I added pellon, non-fusible interfacing.  I also placed the strap at 4 inches and left off the closure.  I hate not having closure, but then I digress.  I may add a grommet to one of them since the big blue space seems bare, and add some dangles.

Marietta as Rey
Pattern Galactic Girl, by Pixie Faire.  Staff from American Girl Ideas on YouTube video .  Purchased boots from Karen's Kreations Etsy Store.
I used scrap fabric for everything.  She looks a bit "clean".  The scarf was gauze that I tea dyed.  Her belt, bag and bracelet are ultrasuede.  Found out that the my machine needs a jeans needle to sew the ultrasuede.   Her staff strap is folded grosgrain ribbon and the attachments are fused jump rings and clasps.  I used the hot glue gun and duck tape to attach the rings.    I made good use of my Wonder Tape to hold stuff together so I could sew those tiny things.

The Great Quilt Refurbishing Projects

I had the interior of my house painted over the holidays and it still has not recovered.  I did find some quilts that needed a bit of TLC.

Baby's basket needed sewing back on.  This quilt was made by my aunt for the boys when they were little.  It has otherwise held up very well.

I made these two Irish Chain pattern quilts when the boys were small too.  It was tied and I used a sheet for the backing.  There were some spots and the sheet had shredded.  I removed the backing, used up my stash of Strawberry Shortcake flannel. and machine quilted it.  The roses are free-motion quilted.  I'm getting better at it as long as ya don't look too closely, lol.

I tried some 20-mule team Borax with my regular washing soap to see if the stains would lighten. It helped a bit.  I used fray check on the holes where the quilt ties were removed.

The impulse buy of the holidays, was the Janome CoverPro 900cpx.  It is the older model that only has two needles.  I have tried out a few projects.  There is definitely a learning curve.

The political scene has been troublesome and difficult to avoid.  I find myself listening to the blues.  Always a bad sign.  At least the weather has been great so this too shall pass.

No comments: