Search This Blog

Monday, November 30, 2020

Still no Spinning Mojo

Still no spinning mojo.  This hasn't stopped the browsing and lusting for support spindles.  So far I have been successful in holding off.  Kiko the cat was diagnosed with cholangiohepatitis and generated some vet bills.  I felt so sorry for her, she looked so sick and couldn't eat.  She was strong enough to reject her medicine, even with the Landcaster helping me.  I watched the videos of how to administer medicine to a cat and all the cats in the demo held still, did not bite and in fact just sort of lay there. Kiko was able to tuck her chin down and jerk her head back and the medicine was sprayed everywhere.  Too bad it can't be absorbed through fur and whiskers.  One of the medicines, metronidazole is reported to be one of the most evil tasting ones.She is now on a long-acting injection, which may not cover all the bacteria that can infect the bile ducts. How she is improving and seems like a happy cat now. Always the finicky eater, she looked at her usual food and walked away as if to say, "How dare you feed me that stuff that made me sick!!"  I went to the pet store and bought an assortment of cat junk food to try.  She would eat Greenies.  Then found a wet food she would eat, although not with gusto.  Then discovered Instinct Raw mixers.  If I sprinkle this on her food, she goes crazy.  Blood test in a week or so.  Fingers are crossed.  


I had a sweater's worth of Beaverslide in Glacier Shadow.  I was thinking Starmore's St. Brigid.  The more I though about knitting a sweater, living in Hawaii, with global warming and all, I thought hats, maybe to donate to somewhere in the frigid north.  I used up six skeins so far.  List clockwise

1.  Lake Reed by Asita Krebs from Sidispinnt.   I love this pattern and have made several

2.  Palm readers, New Moon inspired Alice Cullen fingerless mittens by Nancy Fry from Vampire Knits.  These have gone off to my sister in the frigid north.  

3.  Bellevue Mittens by Elizabeth McCarten, Ravelry.  I struggled with these for some reason.  

4.  Merry by Amanda Schwabe from a k n i t i c a.  If you like cables, this was a fun knit.  I have pompoms to add yet.  

5.  Hat Not Hate Hat by Lion Brand Yarn from Lion Brand Yarn Website Patterns.  I practiced Norwegian knitting for this project learning from Arne and Carlos.  

6.  Another Bourbon by Thea Colman from Baby Cocktails.  Another fun cably hat from Thea Colman.  

7.  Beshert Chapeau by Jill Horwich.  This a fun, easy crochet stitch.   From Yarnover Chicago Downloads

I've now started on my Advent Christmas Balls from Arne and Carlos.  Arne says he can knit one in one hour.  I take longer, and have to perfect my two color knitting.  My first three are less then perfect and I still have to steam and stuff them.  

As if the pandemic, contentious election, and California burning were not enough, my 96 yo mom got sick and was hospitalized for 5 days. It was was strange not being able to visit.  She was so confused and sick.  She finally came home and has 24 hour care.  This was a good decision for her as we could still visit her.  She had her birthday on Thanksgiving Day,  and I'm so grateful for that.  She has had a wonderful 24 hour team watching over her and my worry level has decreased.  Not covid, and I'm grateful for that too.  

Stay safe everyone.  

No comments: