Search This Blog

Sunday, July 24, 2005

UFO Finished


Every crafter know UFO=Unfinished objects. These tend to multiply around the house. A first I made attempts to hide these so that comments such as "What is that?", "Aren't you done with that?" didn't make me feel shame. It all started when I was 6 and started a sweater for my grandmother. I even had my picture in the newspaper knitting that sweater. To make a long story short it was never done. The pattern was more intricate then I was capable of and I discoveded I did not like the purl side of stockinette stitch.

For a time I could no longer hide them as there were just too gall darned many of them! Now that I'm in the cleaning phase, I just throw some of them out.

And every once in a while I actually finish one.

This pink and blue necklace was one of them. It's for someone with a very dainty, thin neck, maybe a child.

No comments: