Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Two FOs and Rogue Beginnings


This is the halter top from the left over yarn from the One Skein bag. The crocheted edge was a bit a of challenge, single crochet along the edge backward. It still curls a bit. The i-cord looks much better since I washed it.

This is Lotorp Bag from Cornelia Tuttle Hamilton's book, "Noro Revisited". I used a little over two balls of Kureyon in color 154. I got carried away on the strap, so maybe 2 balls would have been enough. The bag is smaller then I imagined. I have enough left over to make a bag for my Neuros mp3 player. I am looking for a proper mold to use. The bag was just one of those "gotta knit it" projects. I fell in love seeing in on the Internet, successfully bid for the pattern on line, and braved parking downtown to visit Isle Knits for the Kureyon. I'm not sure whether I will use it, but it might make a good home for a stuffed animal like the picture in the book.

I started Rogue using Jo Sharp SilkRoad Aran. Let me say this yarn is very nice to knit with. It is going to make a very warm hoodie. The kangeroo pocket is very cool to knit in and the cables are pretty. If it wasn't nearly 90 degrees no doubt I would be working on it a lot more. I hope I have enough left over for a hat, because this yarn is so soft, I think even a guy would wear it on his head. When I ordered the yarn it looked a little blue in the picture, but it is very definitely green. I am working up courage to knit something in a more girly color like pink or lavender.


Lately I've been obsessing on the one skein wonder everyone has knit already. I turned the heel on the cable and seed stitch socks, but they aren't going anywhere fast.

13 comments:

LisaB said...

Your Rogue looks great so far! I have a bag of the Silkroad Aran that I can't wait to start using - it feels so nice!

kbrow said...

Oooooh, that bag is so cute! I love those cool sherbert colors, perfect for summer.

Rogue looks great. I like that color. Kudos to you for knitting 2 wool projects in this nasty heat.

Jen said...

congrats on two FO's! very cute bag... how big is it anyway? if you're just carrying around a wallet and keys, would anything fall out of the v shaped sides?

I've had Rogue on my list of to knit items for a while, but finishing up DF's sweater has made me want to knti something jsut a tad lighter lately. it's been way hot. But the silkroad aran looks so lovely on that pattern.

Cathi said...

I super love my OSW, I still wear it a bit. Perfect for those extra cold movies, or any place that is over-air conditioned.

I love your Rogue, too- one of my friends is making one with the same yarn, although a different shade. I should totally bring mine to HI and we can knit on them together (if you are still interested in hanging out)!

Anonymous said...

The kureyon bag is wonderful the colors are so magical!

Jennifer said...

Ooo, your Rogue is going to be gorgeous! I love that pattern.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the bag! It's beautiful--you did a great job. :-)

Lisa B (Moon) said...

Kureyon.........o god...I think Im in love....
sigh...
Isle knits eh?
Im so there!
Is there many colorways of it???
;0)
Please say yes there is..lol

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting! I am getting used to the slippery addi turbos, but I imagine I will pull out the dpns again, too. Something about that method seems comforting, you know??

kbrow said...

Thanks for the encouragement on my little decrease problem/issue. I would gladly exchange Bali for New Zealand. It would be colder there, and you could wear Rogue...

Anonymous said...

I modeled your halter top in Iowa City yesterday, by the way! We will send you a picture!

KnitPastis said...

Look at that bag! Very pretty kureyon yarn. I bet Rogue is going to be your favorite sweater!

kbrow said...

Y'know your Rogue photographs blue, but that yarn is pretty green in real life - or in the eerie Mocha Java light! I like that color a lot, and I am all over the feel of that yarn. I can see it moving up there with Silk Garden and Koigu as a yarn I fetishize...I'd be up for a knit along on Must Have, though. I bought the yarn already. I'm just using the Paton's Classic Merino. I bought it in gray but am now wondering if I don't need a colorful color...