Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 21, 2006


Wildefoot cable and seed stitch socks are moving slowly. This is my first 48 stitch sock and I think it might be too small. The yarn does not show the pattern very well and the is very splitty. Perhaps this will be a lonely one. I cast on Rogue and the Jo Sharp Aran Silk Road is much nicer to knit with.

Wayback sometime ago I bought a book on spinning and a drop spindle at a garage sale. It has been rediscovered in the cleaning frenzy (okay well frenzy is and exaggeration) along with some carded wool I had gotten in the pincushion addiction period of my life. The drop spindle was huge and being quite short it was very heavy. I researched making one of my own and was contemplating a run to City Mill when a lightbulb went on and I decided to do surgery.

I could say the surgery was a success, but the patient died :(

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh how beautiful, I stumbled upon your blog. My aunt knits and she would love the things you have done.
Stop by and check her out.
http://sunnybookyarns.blogspot.com/

Opal said...

What great beginner's yarn! Way to go! Woohoo!

Don't give up on that ok? If you want to borrow a spindle or roving from me, let me know.