Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Marlene, FO




Pattern: Marlene by Cookie A, published in Fall/Winter 2008 ISSUE OF KNIT.1
Yarn: Warm Amber, Targhee wool, handspun and purchased from The Opalescence.
Needles: 5 Takumi DPs, size 1
Mods: left out one repeat on leg as I like a shorter sock. I did the twisted rib toe variation. I used a size 1 needle instead of a size two.
Comments: The pattern looks complicated but was intuitive and a pleasure to knit. The hand spun was wonderful with consistency, strength and remarkable elasticity. The colorway was full of delightful surprises. Opal is a talented spinner. And now I want a Targhee sheep.

WIP update. I knit Two Hearts in the round and I'm attempting to do the sleeves top down. I got a little ditsel in the middle of the armpit where I did two unnecessary decreases, but I'm just going to block that sucker down), otherwise it is progressing well. My love affair with this yarn goes on and on and on (sing it Celine:)



4 comments:

Opal said...

oh the socks look fabulous, if i do say so myself. :D

i can't wait to see two hearts finished. i can see why you have so much love for the yarn. it's got such great stitch definition!

Jennifer said...

The socks are great. The sweater is amazing. Love those underarm stitches. They are perfect! I'm completely in awe. Great job.

Terby said...

I always enjoy seeing your sweaters come together - beautiful cable work. And those socks are amazing. I think I passed over that pattern without a second glance in the magazine, but your version is wonderful.

Beverly said...

I love Cookie A's Marlene socks and yours are fabulous. The handspun is wonderful. I am so jealous. Your sweater looks great too.