Search This Blog

Monday, May 18, 2009

Stash Enhancement



My mom started playing golf in her 50's and just loves the friendships and the competition. She is proud to be the oldest player in the Jennie K tournament for the second year in the row. We are all proud of her 4th place win, as she wanted to win at least 4 medals, one for each of her daughters. She also won additional prizes for closest to the pin and some other events. (Her last hole in one was at age 81!)








I've been nursing a cold and despite feeling much better after a glass of wine last night, my energy level is kaput. I have nothing on the needles while contemplating my next project. I'm looking for inspiration shopping. Funny how I have energy to keyboard. Darn paypal makes it all too easy! Here are some new patterns I've acquired.




















And some new stash. Schaefer Anne (more russet then I expected), one skein of Noro silk Garden sock, and a bag of Jo Sharp Silkroad Aran Tweed, in champagne.



And this one on the way from Hungry for Handspun.



I saw the new Star Trek movie with The Knitted Brow, and it was great fun! I hope there are a few more down the pike.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Awww, your mom is beautiful!

Jennifer said...

Wow - that's amazing. No wonder she looks so great - the exercise must be wonderful. Please send her my congratulations.

urban craft said...

I love the story of your golfing mom. There is another story of a woman making her first hole in one and she is 100 years old! Very inspirational!

Beverly said...

Your mom is inspiring. Makes you realize you can do anything you put your mind to.

Feel better soon.

Mokihana said...

Your mom is stunningly beautiful! Love the photo!

Opal said...

congrats to your mom! what an inspiration! maybe you should knit her some golf club cozies.

/runs