Search This Blog

Monday, September 25, 2006

Vacation, how sweet it is!

Being at home and still on vacation is the best! I started a new book, "Where the Heart Is" by Billie Letts, recommended by my sister, I have cleaned out two closets and worked a little on the mildew solution, and I get to reflect on my trip and enjoy all the pictures I took. I am posting most of it on my other blog Not Another Hareball starting with the 9/23/06 post, and there is more to come.


I did succumb to the Amy Butler brouhaha. It was purely to support the Coupeville quilt shop, The Sundown Quilt Shop I swear! Now I have to think about getting the sewing machine out, sigh.


I made the Kureyon Kozy from the silk garden left over from Klarlund. My only teapot has a handle 90 degree from the spout so it is modeled here by a pitcher. It's kind of tiny, and I haven't figured out the closure. It was a fun quick knit even with the unmatched sides.


I actually took time to shop and cook since I am off and made Gypsy Soup from Mollie Katzen's Moosewood Cookbook. I used kale, butternut squash and tomatoes. It is quite hearty and sweet.

3 comments:

Sandee said...

oooo, Amy Butler!!!!

One of us, one of us, one of us! lol

Jillio said...

oooh, amy butler. i wish i had a teapot for which i could knit a teapot cozy...goodness knows i drink enough tea. from starbucks, though, so i guess that really doesn't say much about me, does it?
i miss vacation. i need more. :(
that soup looks delicious! it's making me hungry...

Anonymous said...

My gawd, this soup looks so tasty! And I so love your cozies, how great! I'm afraid I don't have a teapot for which I could make a cozy, but you sure inspired me to get one... a pot and a cozy! ;)
I'm off now to your other blog looking at your pics, looking forward to that - travel pics always get me dreaming of my next vacation - thank you for that!