Thanks for all the nice comments on Ganomy Hat. I really enjoyed making it. I cast on for Ariann in SWTC Karaoke in Forest. It's a almost felted wool/soy silk yarn which will be very warm. My blue Koigu Child's first sock #2 is inching along. The knitting progress has been pretty pathetic. It's suddenly turned quite hot here. It was very muggy day. Excuses, excuses.
The weather did not stop my mom from winning first place in the Jenny K in her flight. Here she is with her medal and leis in front of the prolific gardenia bush.
My sister and BIL have returned to Wisconsin. The last day we walked up Nuuanu Pali drive, where portions of Lost are filmed.
We walked by one of the Morgan's Corners. The owners of the waterfall have gone on a cleaning frenzy and it looks so idyllic now.
Opal has tagged me with a meme.
1. Each player starts with 7 random facts/habits about themselves
2. People who are tagged write a blog post about their own 7 random things and post these rules
3. At the end of your blog you need to tag 7 people and post their names
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment and tell them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
Here are 7 random things about me.
1. I have a cupboard full of Totoros. I'm sure that comes as no surprise. I once saw a show on TV about how to sell a house. A buyer commented on the owner's juvenile collection. Apparently prospective buyers want to buy from grownups. Since I'm not selling my house any time soon, I guess it's okay to obsess and collect them a while longer. I will have to find them a good home eventually as I suspect my boys will just sell them at a garage sale or give them to Goodwill. Sigh. Poor babies.
2. I call my system of organization the organized pile method. Don't mess with the piles! A neat desk is the sign of a sick mind is it not? I secretly long for the simplicity and an "empty bowl" ala Every Day Sacred. I read about clutter and periodically cull the mess. But alas, then I have to shop to fill the void. It's a vicious cycle.
3. My best friend until sixth grade was a boy down the street. We spent many happy hours catching bass with earthworms we dug up, flying to Uranus in the litchi tree, and hiding in our rock fortress in the "Subdivision". Those rocks are mighty small now...must be erosion.
4. I never spoke more then two words to the first boy I had a crush on.
5. I loved organic chemistry in college. It was a lot like cooking. I even repeated the five hour lab just for fun. I don't remember too much of it now. Analytic chemistry was another story.
6. My kids taught me a lot of things and helped me undo some irrational ideas I got from my parents. Like, just because a person does not like tofu, it does not make them a bad person. And I cannot make someone like peas no matter how much I smile while I'm trying to feed it to them.
7. I'm a process person and not much of a risk taker. Yes I suffer from analysis paralysis. I'm trying to get well. It may take me years to ever own a dog. I have taken tests to see what kind of dog is for me (a Portuguese water dog). I have studied the Dog Whisperer and watched Oprah with her dog trainer. I have taken Ebony, the wonder dog for walks and held the undaunted Cricket on his leash. I have ogled Kai's puppies. But I don't yet have a dog. Like I said, it may be years. Do I need to go to veterinary school before I own a dog? See? It's a disease. I'm starting with houseplants.
Kim. Blogless Michelle-you can email me and I'll post your answers. Debbie, Vron, Angie, Bev, Kai. You are all tagged!