Search This Blog

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Saroyan, FO












Pattern: Saroyan by Liz Abinante It's available on Ravelry for free!
Yarn: Ultra Alpaca, Denim Mix
Needles: Size 9 straights

The pattern can be adjusted easily in length and width. I made 6 repeats on the increase decrease parts and 16 on the straight parts. The scarf measured while blocking was 82 inches long and 9.5 inches wide. Going down a needle size might have worked a little better. This scarf wraps around numerous times like a furry, warm pet and is cushy and soft. The pattern is well written and the lace easy to do.


On the life scene, I decided to go back into retirement and resigned from my job. It was nice while it lasted. I was working more then I ever planned to in retirement. When some scheduling changes came up, it seemed like the right time.

Now I have nothing on the needles again. Shall I join the Madelinetosh creature comforts cardi KAL with Opal? I'm not sure I want a whole cardigan in the Baltic Madelinetosh worsted which is what I have in stash. I'm on a yarn diet, yes I am. Shall I jump the gun and start Citron? Or maybe socks, Crosswalkers in STR.

6 comments:

Silvia M. said...

I love that cardi, I think I have it in my queue.

k-brow said...

That cardigan is gorgeous, with its little oak leaves. Madeline Tosh...she's all the rage now. Or her yarns are, anyway.

I like the Saroyan. It's a big big thing with my current knitting group.

Zonda said...

Love your Saroyan! How many skeins did you use? Yes, you should join us in the CC Cardi ;) My swatch is drying.

MsKnottyKnits said...

CCC!!!!! I already started mine!!! Come on and play, Barb!

Rachel said...

That's really beautiful!

Beverly said...

The scarf is beautiful but if it's too long you can always pass it on to me. ;)