Search This Blog

Monday, November 01, 2010

Tuesday Totoro

I hope everyone had a nice Halloween and has less candy leftover then I do! I spent most of the evening at Ala Moana Center. The kids went store to store for candy until the stores ran out. My favorite costume was the spam musubi. I wish I had a camera, duh! He had Japanese style headband on that said Spam and had little spam cushion strapped to his white top with a black "nori" belt. Somebody's mom (or dad) was very creative!

This is a 2007 decorative Totoro plate made by Noritake. I love the details on it and I even love the box it came in. Mei and her big sister are with Totoro in the center and the cat buses go around the rim. The colors are nice and happy!




(Sorry for the funny picture formatting)

























I knit Thursday at Aloha Yarns and blogless Sandy brought her vegies for a photo shoot. The cucumber is not done yet. The patterns are from Hansi Singh's book, Amigurui Knits. The patterns are very clever. I especially like the way the top of the eggplant is attached in a very lifelike way. Sandy used Cascade 220 for all the vegies.



My two wips, the fingering, scarf version of Clapotis and the Socktober, Through the Loops KAL are struggling. The magic loop is doing me in on the socks. I was only able to finish Carrot Cat. Totoro is not impressed, but of course he is too polite to say anything.



I fared a little bit better on the spinning scene, and finished half my BFL. The other half is in the works. I have decided on The Rose spinning wheel by Majacraft. The dollar is taking a beating overseas and I hope to buy before the prices go up even further! I've enjoyed Opal's (formerly Keohinani's) Lendrum. It is a very pretty wheel, made of maple and has been good to me. I still have a long way to go in making consistent yarn but it's getting easier.




I seem to have fallen off the yarn diet. I got two skeins of Cascade SW for next years Red Scarf Project and this lovely ball of Kureyon for another gnome. After reading zknitter's praises of Malabrigo SW, I ordered some for myself and can't wait for it to get here!

My yard is full of iris. Today it was the purple ones. They only last one day. I haven't been able to capture all of them in a picture that does them justice.

2 comments:

Zonda said...

Neat plates! Um..sorry again for the falling off the wagon enabling ;) If I hadn't found a great deal on my Ashford, I was going to get a Lendrum. Hoping you can get yours soon :)

Anonymous said...

These plates are so well done, cool, interesting and beautiful, that I have no words!! Thanks a lot! They are great!