Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Knitting the Womb



I met the creator of the Knitted Womb at Stitch and Bitch. I had finished the fingerless mits and was wondering, "What next?", when I found out the OB-GYN NP I work with is moving back to the Mainland. It seemed like the perfect gift. So far I have all the parts made and the thing stuffed, but have to find some pipe cleaners to stiffen the Fallopian tubes. I am going to attach some earrings to it. I was thinking of stuffing it with candy, but it does look very cute stuffed. Someone even suggested candy babies! What a hoot that would be.

I realizd after reading the pattern that Kai used bulky yarn! How did I miss that? Oh well, I made another one but have to get more pipe cleaners before I can finish it. It does look much better. It didn't scan so well.

The pattern is available in the archives of knitty.com along with some other fun and good looking projects.

I may need to knit a couple more, cuz as the saying goes "One can't have too many wombs!"

No comments: