Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Time for a Break




The Turkish String Bag is putting up a fight. I've had to frog it a couple of times. I'm using double yarn and every once and while I catch only one yarn. I have found it impossible to pick up any dropped stitches. I don't think I have enough yarn, either.

I picked up some cheap acrylic yarn that is varigated pink. I keep asking my self why. I found a machine knit shrug that is made with vaigated pink yarn, and when I saw it at Savers, I thought, what the heck. Well, I really can't see myself or anyone else for that matter wearing this yarn. It looks like candy.

I am distracted by my upcoming long vacation and trip to the Mainland. I have to tie up all the loose ends at work and clean house a bit before I go.

I am comfort buying. It's a disease. Somebody shoot me please ;)

2 comments:

chris said...

Is there *any* other kind of buying?! The Turkish bag looks great, but I can imagine the headache with the double yarn bit. And as far as the candy yarn, think newborn girl (there's gotta be a bunch of those in FP, right?)....hats, blankets, booties...machine washable, to boot; the new mom will love you!

Acornbud said...

Hmm, good ideas! There are some really cute baby patterns out there.