Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

A Little Bit of Sunshine



My watermelon yarn came and it's so pretty and feels so good. It even smells good! Ms. Dani of Knitting Sunshine has wonderful handpainted yarns and I had lusted after the watermelon one and thought it got away for good. But she made another, hip hip hurray! She included matching stitch markers and has a very cute custom label. The scanner doesn't really do the colors justice.



I thought I knit Bear Brain's Rhodie before, but I don't remember it being so big. I didn't have one inch buttons for the joints so one arm is a bit unrully. It might be awhile before I finish Rhodie, since I don't like making noses and mouths, and it's tought to make a pompom out cotton chenille. The plan is to dress Rhodie as a Dallas Cowboy fan for one of my coworkers and I have a while, so Rhodie will have to hang out with Totoro and Ryo Ohki until I can muster up a mouth.


I thank everyone for the advice on the Jaywalkers and striping yarn. I am leaning toward going ahead with the blues.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the watermelon yarn, and the little bear is so cute too!

chris said...

Your watermelon yarn looks so delicious!! ;-) The colors are gorgeous and I'm so happy that you were able to grab up a skein. It definitely looks like it was well worth the splurge... I'm going to be inviting myself over to your place soon so I can take a look-see-feel-covet myself. ;-) Your fingerless mitts look fantastic!! The tweed works so well with the pattern. And your Rhodie's so adorable!! Man, you cranked that little guy out!! Are you taking no-doz or something? Because I know how busy you are- you must not be sleeping! ;-) Can't wait to see your blue Jaywalkers!! Take care, Barb! :-)

Laura said...

Nice yarn! Oh, Barb -- the socks were in Knit.1, not IK. But both are worth getting! :)