Search This Blog

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Leia's Family Album


I am thankful to Leia's cousins who allowed me to photograph the Leia hat. I used a little over two skeins of Plymouth Yukon, the only bulky yarn I could find. I ended up casting on 60 stitches instead of the 66. This made for a very warm head cover. May the force be with you!

Socktober socks are at least started in Koigu using Conway from Nancy Bush's Knitting on the Road. I like my socks shorter, so I started after the calf shaping with 60 stitches, and started two with magic loop in hopes of actually finishing two by the end of this month. The color did not photograph well. The ever Fabulous Ms. Lolly interviewed Nancy Bush for the Socktober festivities.

I finished a ChemoHat using Inside out Hat from Head Huggers in Plymouth Oh My. This is a very soft yarn but it shed a lot while I was knitting it and the ends came apart like serger tails do before I finished the hat. I sewed them in so I hope they hold.


The Hawaii International Film Festival starts tomorrow for me. I have tickets to 7 filmings over the next week, but may attend more. I hope to do some knitting in between movies.

8 comments:

Jen said...

Haha, I love it! My husband was asking me about the pic because I told him about it. It's so very functional: a hat and earwarmers!

Terby said...

Love that hat!

somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

When I showed Rich "Leia" last week, he gave a staunch "NO!" on the idea of my knitting it. LOL. As for the new Plymouth yarn, I am glad you mentioned its "sheddiness" because I have been debating on trying it out. Now I know that it would probably put me in sneezing fits!
=:8

kbrow said...

That Leia was warm and cozy. Leia was always one of my idols, so I'm happy to be a member of her family! Enjoy the films. I've seen the lineup, and many look good. I've no tix this year, so not sure what I can squeeze into. I saw a couple of Kayo Hatta's films last year and really enjoyed them!

KnitPastis said...

Look at that hat! So cool! Hey, the Conway...is that the name of the pattern from Nancy Bush's book? I really like it. I am going to take a look at her book next time I go to the book store. Hopefully some of the patterns are easy enough for me like no YO's.LOL

Anonymous said...

You are so funny with the Leia hat!! I have that pattern but have yet to tackle it. I hope to at some point, Martin is a huge Star Wars fan. I love those socks too. Great.

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous chemo cap this is, I really love that pattern! And your socks are coming along beautifully, what a great colorline! And yay for the Leia hat!

Anonymous said...

Hee hee! I love your Leia!

I'm so jealous that you have tickets to 7 HIFF films. Hopefully someday I'll be able to go to some films.