Search This Blog

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Rogue Excuses and woolarina Wonders


Rogue is resting again at the hood level. It is darn hot and muggy here and it's Socktober. A few meager rows happen occasionally if I'm in AC. The plan is to work on it more during November and have it done by December 18. Anyway, that's the plan.
(The color is difficult to photograph)

So far during Socktober I have managed to buy yarn, such as this cushy, colorful Raspberry Bramble woolarina superwash merino and roll up two balls of Koigu for the proposed Socktober creation.



While Totoro and his friends admire the yarn I am still amusing myself with STR "neck sock", and have started a Leia hat, after being amazed by Michelle from Aloha Knitters glow in the dark Hallowig. Hope to get some pictures of that! I want to make one ore Chemo Hat, too.

11 comments:

kbrow said...

very pretty Bramble yarn! Totoro looks like he wants a little cozy knit up for him. What color are you making the Leia hat? Is "hat" the right word?

Opal said...

I love your Rogue. It's coming out so lovely. The Bramble yarn is lovely.

Jen said...

Oh my goodness, I got a hoot out of the Leia hat! I used to bug my mom to fix my hair like that when I was younger and she never would! I can't wait to see the woolarina socks.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I can imagine very well that it must be way too hot to knit Rogue these days over there - but yay for cooler days, I can't wait to see more pics of it! And I totally love the Bramble yarn, these colors are so gorgeous!

KnitPastis said...

Woo baby! That's some pretty Woolarina yarn you have there. You are coming along really nicely on the Rogue sweater. Hot there? Yeah, yeah, beautiful Hawaii. Wished I were there with you...sipping on some tropical drink out by the ocean knitting some socks!LOL It's freaking 50 degrees high here today. burrh

somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

I cannot wait to see your finished socks! As for sock patterns, I think I will be knitting up the BFF socks by Cookie along with the Mystery Lace Sock pattern I found. Wish me luck!
=:8

Anonymous said...

That is some pretty, pretty yarn!

Anonymous said...

hey over there, townie!
your blog's lack of a post-earthquake entry makes me think you still don't have power! i hope you get it back soon. up here we've had it back for about 1.5 hours. surprisingly i haven't done any knitting today--just scrabble, chocolate consumption, and naps. now that i've got power i'll have to print out the leia pattern! that looks like two nauties attached to a bathing cap! i love it! take care

santos. said...

hi acornbud! i just wanted to say i hope you and your family weren't too shaken and stirred this sunday, and hopefully there wasn't much damage to your property. do take care and hope all goes back to "normal"!

Laura said...

hi there! nice looking sock yarn! :)

hope you and chris are OK...was thinking of you both yesterday. take care!

Rachel said...

Hey over there! I hope the earthquake didn't upset you too much. Keep those knitting needles clicking for de-stressing. I love the Princess Leia hat - have to show it to my hubby!