Wednesday, February 07, 2007
Jayne Hat, FO
FO: Jayne Hat
Pattern: Adapted from Redshirt Knitting I added 4 stitches to the hat and 2 stitches for the flaps. I did not bind off at the top of the hat, but threaded the tail through the stitches and pulled up tight. I picked up only the back loop for the flaps and knit in garter stitch up to the decreases, then knit decrease row, and purled the next row with the purl on the outside. Because of the extra two stitches, I ended up with 2 rows more, but because of my tight knitting, it worked out okay.
Yarn: Lamb's Pride Worsted, two strands together, size 11 needles.
I started this last night and finished it this am. My lovely niece modeled the hat for me sparing all the viewers closeups of my age spots.
Ribby Cardi is seamed, but the collar looks mighty strange. I'm not sure whether to frog the collar or not. I will definitely have to order a custom zipper. Ella is sitting, waiting for me to join a new ball, and she ain't blue so I may jump ship and start something blue for Project Spectrum
Kim is poetisizing so I knit ahead on the Jayne Hat ;)