Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Jayne Hat, FO




FO: Jayne Hat
Pattern: Adapted from Redshirt Knitting I added 4 stitches to the hat and 2 stitches for the flaps. I did not bind off at the top of the hat, but threaded the tail through the stitches and pulled up tight. I picked up only the back loop for the flaps and knit in garter stitch up to the decreases, then knit decrease row, and purled the next row with the purl on the outside. Because of the extra two stitches, I ended up with 2 rows more, but because of my tight knitting, it worked out okay.
Yarn: Lamb's Pride Worsted, two strands together, size 11 needles.

I started this last night and finished it this am. My lovely niece modeled the hat for me sparing all the viewers closeups of my age spots.

Ribby Cardi is seamed, but the collar looks mighty strange. I'm not sure whether to frog the collar or not. I will definitely have to order a custom zipper. Ella is sitting, waiting for me to join a new ball, and she ain't blue so I may jump ship and start something blue for Project Spectrum

Kim is poetisizing so I knit ahead on the Jayne Hat ;)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why would you need to order a custom zipper? Just get one longer than you need and you can cut it to size (after you stitch it so that the zipper pull doesn't run past the end of the tracks. great hat!

Anonymous said...

What a great hat! I love the colors! Your niece is a great model! Wow - finished in one day!

Opal said...

Your Jayne Hat is beautiful! Well done!

Jillio said...

wow, cooooool!

somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

Hi Sweetie!
I have no idea how it happened, but you fell off my Bloglines and I missed your posts. :( I think your sister's package was awesome and I think that hat looks great. I am looking forward to seeing your Ribby Cardi!
=:8

Anonymous said...

My gosh, woman, you are a force of nature!! That Jayne hat is beeeeyooooteeeful!

Rachel said...

Oh how lovely! Your hat is so cute, and so is your adorable niece for modeling your hat.

You know, your pics always make me homesick. It's so cold here, which makes me feel even farther from the Islands. . . .

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a totally awesome hat this is - and your niece looks absolutely stunning in it indeed! The colours are great too - and I can't believe how quickly you knit this up! Fantastic job!

Charles said...

GREAT HAT~~~

I will introduce myself:
My name is Charles.
i saw your blog at keohinani's blog,
You have great blog!!! I love it!!

I was grow in Honolulu and now i move to CA....I miss to much!!

Anyway...
Visit my knitting blog ...Take care!!

Anonymous said...

WOw! Great hat, great colors, and great pics of your niece!

Have a great weekend too!

Lolly said...

Lovely!! the hat is so cheeful :)

Anonymous said...

Teh aht looks great...I love the colors!

KnitPastis said...

Loving this hat and in these colors too!! You did a really nice and quick job knitting this. Your niece is so cute.
I really am waiting to see your Ribbi Cardi. I hear of most people also having to order their zippers.

MikKnits said...

Love the hat. I just had a feeling those were the Koolaus in the background. I am so homesick reading your blog after being raised in Kaneohe and I'm now in Las Vegas where it's brown, grey and ugly. I'll have to come back more often for a fix! Aloha!

Anonymous said...

Very cute! Perfect for your model. :)

Jessica
http://zarzuelaknitsandcrochets.com/blog