Search This Blog

Monday, February 19, 2007

Tasting the Rainbow





Kim wrote about tasting the rainbow on her blog and that phrase has stuck in my mind. I read an article in the newspaper about people who try to give themselves holidays from the electronic life, not unlike yarn diets, drug holidays and low carb diets. I have days when I feel stuck in 8th grade (yuk) and other days when I feel these 50+years and see it speeding by. So yesterday, I made an effort to log off and get out with my partner in crime (Kim) and check out Chinatown. Not only did we find great vegies and great food, but I found a little Totoro treasure:)



Since it is the Year of the Boar, it was fortuitous that we saw a family of wild pigs in Hoolamaluhia. We ended up there because the gardens were open on Sunday, and Aloha Yarns was not. The pigs were pretty fast and I only got 2 of the 5 on camera.








Whatever the reason, I finally clicked with Ella and we are getting along now. I finished the first wing and have one to go! Child's first sock (Knitting Vintage Socks) in Koigu blue is inching along for Project Spectrum blue.

8 comments:

Opal said...

Sounds like you two had a great day! I'm so glad you and Ella are finally getting along. Your sock is lovely!

Terby said...

Gorgeous blue yarn. I love the pig photo! Seeing wildlife never fails to make me happy.

Anonymous said...

Wow. Your chinatown pic looks like it's in the mainland to me. I don't recognize the street corner. The piggies are so cute! A whole family - wow - that must have been a site! Your knitting looks fab!

beadlizard said...

Wow -- neat pig photo, especially since they are running away. I don't like pigs so much when they are running *toward* me! The parkland is gorgeous and so very different from our redwood and oak woods. Thank you for the visual treat!

The blue yarn really shows the stitch pattern beautifully. Can't wait to see the finished pair. --Syl

Rachel said...

That is an awesome stitch pattern for a sock. I really like the color of blue you chose, too. Sounds like you had a really nice day. Isn't it fun to spot some wildlife? Of course, around here, the only "wildlife" I regularly spot are my two little kids!

kbrow said...

The pig pic is great!! I had so much fun hanging out and roaming around. See you Thursday, when I hope you'll bring Ella around.

somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

I love the pictures of everything: street corner, Totoro, and socks. All pretty things!!
=:8

Anonymous said...

What a great time you and Kim must have had - sounds like the perfect day indeed, and mind you, it's definitely worth it to log off at times!
That blue yarn is so beautiful - and I adore the pig pic!