Search This Blog

Saturday, February 03, 2007

When there are no FOs, flash your stash, and nature pictures.



After a particularly heinous challenging day at work, I am rejuvenated by a package I found hiding out on my patio from my Madison, Wisconsin sister (wearer of Rogue).Inside was a very nice card, a bag of cashews, two skeins of Koigu, color 275, two skeins of Malabrigo (yum,yum,yum) and 3 colors of the Lamb's Pride Worsted to make a Jayne Hat. My cup runneth over! Thank you thank you thank you! (or as we say here, Mahalos). I love it all!





I joined some talented and crafty ladies for a walk at Hoomaluhia and it was a glorious day. It was impossible to be uncheered. Not even thinking about seaming Ribby Cardi.

The purple hedge near my house was if full bloom. How beautiful is that?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Barb, glad you received that yummy yarn, & love the beautiful photos you took.
Susu

Opal said...

Oh Koigu! Oh Malabrigo! And yarn for a Jayne Hat! What joy! :-)

Anonymous said...

you might soon win me over to the malabrigo side. can we get it around here? and can you put a name on that magnificient orange inflorescence? just to keep you on track, my 3/4 completed ella of cotton/rayon test blocked nicely, so i hope you keep at yours. it'll be a beauty! one last thing -- can you recommend a pattern for pair of man socks? preferably something i can finish for valentine's day...
mahalo,
michelle

schrodinger said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmm. What a great package to come home to!

Anonymous said...

Oooh, nice sister! Keep that Koigu comin'!

Sorry your work sucks. Perhaps wearing a cunning Jayne hat will put a different spin on it. Knit along?

KnitPastis said...

Very lucky girl to get a gift like this of Malabrigo and Koigu yarn!! They are lovely.Your sister rocks!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing these most amazing photos - what a beautiful day it must have been! And the yarn that you got - yummy, absolutely yummy!

SpiderWomanKnits said...

Food? Water? Air? Who needs 'em when you have the other essential elements...

Koigu * Malabrigo * and Lamb's Pride (with a purpose no less)!

Luscious. And of course you can't forget a superstar sister who would gift those wonderful yarns to you :-)

Anonymous said...

beautiful yarn, beautiful photos. thank you very much for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Weren't the Koolaus breathtaking this weekend?

Rachel said...

How do you like that Lamb's Pride yarn? I saw some in a yarn shop this weekend, and I thought the colors were beautiful, but it just felt so stiff to me! Does it soften when washed, or something? Perhaps it's just my aversion to wool.

I love your photos. Right now it's 20 BELOW zero, and anything without snow is cheering!

Anonymous said...

You live in such a beautiful place. All is gray and drab herein the Northeast. I am in love with the Malabrigo. That stuff is like butter.