Search This Blog

Monday, September 13, 2010

Finished Projects

Kaino
Pattern: Kaino by Norah Gaughan
Yarn: Ultra Alpaca, colorway potting mix, 4 balls
Needles: 6 and 8
Comments. The knitting goes very quickly. The seaming was a challenge. I still am not happy with the collar. it was pointing out, but blocking took care of that. The sleeves did not fit in so I decided to seam the sides and pick up stitches. I knit the smallest size. The pattern CO 48 for sleeves. I picked up 58 stitched and worked short rows. I did a purl row before casting off to reduce curling. I like the simple looking style.

Clown McCloud

Pattern: inspired by Sockhead Hat by Kelly McClure
Yarn: Noro Silk Garden lite, 2 balls
Needles: size 3
Comments: Sockhead is written for sock yarn and lite is Sport weight. On size 3 needles my gauge was 5.5 stitches/inch. I decided to shoot for 9.5 inches in width folded in half, ~120 stitches. Just in case, I knit it top down and continued the increases until I had 120 stitches. Then I followed the length measurements of the pattern. I used Jeny’s incredibly stretchy bind off from Knitty and it is nice and stretchy.
This hat may be entirely too colorful for my nephew to wear, but I knit it big just in case. I really just wanted to watch the Noro color changes, which is still a thrill:)


Rock Cozies


Blogless Sandy inspired me to break out the crochet hook and try some rock cozies. Now I'm lusting for rocks. She gave me one done in lavender. The open pattern really popped on the black rock.
Pattern: Little Urchin Crochet Covered Sea Stones by MargaretOomen from The Purl Bee. The heart design was adapted from Coat’s pattern, Heart’s Desire.
Threads: No. 3 pearl cotton (pinks), DMC size 30 (lavender)
Crochet hook: size B for no. 3 pearl cotton, size 10 (steel) for size 30

1 comment:

MsKnottyKnits said...

I absolutely adore your rock cozies! I found an example of them a few weeks ago and have been in love ever since!