Search This Blog

Friday, July 06, 2012

Day 7 Tour de Fleece


I managed to ply my two strands and finish up about 195 yards of fingering weight yarn. I hope it blooms a bit after the soak. It's drying now. It may take a couple of days in this humidity. I'm not sure I like how the colors mixed or what this yarn will be. It was a a real silky treat to spin.

I finished Wingspan.
Yarn: Color Changing Cotton 50 gr by Wolle's Yarn Creations, colorway black cherry, 480 yards. Needles: size 4Mods: I kept knitting and ended up with 11 triangles. I was trying to make it black on both ends and red in the middle. The yarn was a bit tricky to knit as it is 4 cotton threads together. The scarf was quite drapey so I don't think I'll block it. The pattern is a very clever though simple to knit. I got a little bored with all the garter stitch, but it beats purling!

I spent the spinning time looking through my sparse stash for something to spin on challenge day. One bag of locks I had was quite dirty and very short. Now I know what to look for next time I buy them. I don't know if it will spin which is a shame as the fibers are very silky and shiny. I also know know I should label my purchases. I thought I would give corespinning a try. My trial piece ended up too chunky to pass through the guide on the flyer. Hmmm.

2 comments:

sandy said...

Your wingspan looks great on that black dress...very elegant!!

Beverly said...

Beautiful Wingspan and handspun. My guild is doing this as KAL starting this month.