Search This Blog

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Baby Quilt, FO



Finally the baby quilt is done (unless I decide to do more ties). The baby is sitting up already! This started as a baby futon, but I didn't buy enough backing fabric to made the borders quite as wide as I wanted with the mitered corners, so it became a fat quilt with bound edges.

I love the flower fabric and picked the sashiko blocks to represent the flowers. The hanging wisteria mon in the center belonged to my father's side of the family. The crane is a classic design (one who folds a thousand paper cranes will have their heart's desire come true) and the mirrored bass clefs are for the fact that both parents are very musical.

8 comments:

Figaro said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Opal said...

that's just gorgeous. really, really gorgeous. i'm in awe.

Lilikoi Knits said...

Gorgeous. Did you do the embroidery?

weebug said...

it turned out lovely! I like that it isn't traditional baby colours.

Rachel said...

WOW you're talented! That's an amazing work of art!

Terby said...

Beautiful. That's a gift to be treasured.

Anonymous said...

i love this quilt. stay tuned for pictures of me sitting on it if my parents can get act together and remember to photograph me.

Anonymous said...

this is a beautiful quilt!