Search This Blog

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sea Silk Damson, FO




Pattern: Damson, by Ysolda Teague.
Yarn: Handmaiden Sea Silk. One skein. I knit on the tight side and had a comfortable amount left over. I don't know what colorway this is as I purchased it without a ball band. It has teal and dark grey in it with a nice sheen. It held up well being frogged repeatedly. It was once Icarus, a scarf and Damson somehow got off to a bad start with me. It bled a little in the soak, and blocked nicely.
Needles: size 6. I started off with bamboo and finished up with Knit Picks options.
Mods: none

The pattern is well written and once I found my rhythm (I kept putting in extra YOs in the beginning) it went quickly. The yarn is very nice to work with and very soft and silky.

I finished it on a Friday!





I've cast on the lovely Araucania Pomaire, blues colorway #10. I'm just winging it using the tile pattern from Rhoda Goldberg's Knitting Dictionary so it's not exactly the same as Namea's Stolen Moments Wrap in the same colorway.

7 comments:

Beverly said...

Love your shawl. I saw it on Ravelry earlier this evening.

Thanks for the link to the wrap. I'll save this for when I need something simple and quick.

Jennifer said...

Yeah! What a lovely shawl. Looks like the perfect chill chaser.

kbrow said...

At last, a Sea Silk resolution! I know that yarn's been nagging at you for months.

weebug said...

that sure turned out nicely!

Mokihana said...

Very nicely done!! I like the outside photo, too....

Opal said...

i love your damson! you think this will egg me on to get going on mine? :)

chris said...

Ooh, Damson turned out beautifully! So happy to see that Sea Silk finally found her destiny. :-) It's quite a sizeable shawl, too, considering it's only one skein. So pretty.