Search This Blog

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Drop Spindling, Shop Update


I am finally nearing the end of the really big ball of orange roving, spinning on my new Ghstworks cedar spindle. I can't imagine ever spinning enough to knit a garment, let alone clothe my whole family. This pumpkin is a large pincushion, stuffed with more roving and hand felted. It is a big thrill to stab it repeatedly with my needlefelting needle.

Now to work on the really big ball of green roving, and perhaps to make some leaves for my pumpkin.

Thanks for stopping by my shop and all your encouraging comments. I added two more bags, one in pink and another watermelon bag, in a different watermelon print. There was a watermelon phase in my past;)

4 comments:

bockstark.knits said...

That is why you need to get a wheel! ;)

beadlizard said...

Barb, there are reasons why I have an Alden Amos electric! --syl

Opal said...

The pumpkin looks fabulous! And Kris is right. You need to get a wheel. ;-)

KnitPastis said...

That is so cool looking. Love the pumpkin!

Ahhh, yes you need a wheel my dear:)