Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Shopping Day


I could feel the shopping urge building and today all it took was my son needing fishfood to send me on my merry way. In reality it was a series of events that pushed me over the edge. I dropped my Shiseido compact and it cracked, so although I rarely put on the warpaint, I wanted to hit Shirokiya for another. I also didn't like the way that particular powder made my face red in photos. And, of course I had to buy fishfood. I am also on a quest to find a Panasonic EV-2510 Rolling Massager for my mom for her birthday.

Then there is the creative doldrums. I knit up the cute baby hat using that pink acrylic stuff and it is now going to have to be a toilet paper roll cover. I've cast on both sleeves for the Lush cardigan but don't feel like working on it. I made one blue Totoro, but he is still earless and armless. I also have to get away from all the left over Halloween candy!

And, the new Barnes and Nobles store opened at Ala Moana shopping center. I walked pass it on the way to the pet store. As far as I can tell they didn't have any knitting calendars, but I did pick up 3 knitting related items and two books.
Fall 2005 Knit It!
Socks.Socks.Socks. edited by Elaine Rowley
A gathering of LACE gathered by Meg Swansen
Everday Sacred, A Woman's Journey Home by Sue Bender
Zen and the Art of Needlecraft by Sandra Detrixhe


Yarn and Friends is right on the way home, so I stopped in. I got size 5 bamboo double pointed needles, and 3 skeins of Noro Silk Garden. One color 8 to match the lonely skein I had left over from Clapotis. They had the 2006 Knitting Pattern a Day Calendar, too.

It doesn't take much does it. I really need to re-read Everyday Sacred. Instead of emptying my bowl I keep filling it up!

4 comments:

Brenda said...

You got some great books and magazines, sounds like a fun day. I spent lots of time at Ala Moana on my one Hawaian vacation many years ago. I'd love to go back some day. Aloha!

debbie said...

looks like you had quite a nice haul from shopping day! i gotta try to make it to yarn & friends one of these days....

candsmom said...

The way you shop makes me wish you were my mom! :-) Boy, you sure hit the mother lode today!! Look at all those awesome books and the beautiful Noro. I've been coveting A Gathering Of Lace- I'd love to know how you like it. You know you're a mom of two young 'uns when you don't even realize what "cool" stores are opening up at Ala Moana. I could tell you the hours for Thinker Toys and Gymboree, but ask me if I knew that Barnes and Noble was opening. Good to know. ;-) BTW, did you manage to get the war paint and fish food during the shopping frenzy? :-)

Lolly said...

Wow, look at those goodies! I was just at Yarn & Friends last week with Chris! I love the Silk Garden colors you got--so pretty!
Great books too. I love the Gathering of Lace. I am kind of afraid of lace though--I don't think I have enough patience for it! :)

Aloha~