Search This Blog

Monday, November 24, 2008

Noro Silk Garden Old Shale, FO





Pattern: Feather and Fan Comfort Shawl by Sarah Bradberry. The Pattern is free:)
Yarn: 5 skeins Noro Silk Garden, colorway 246
Needles: Size 11 circular. Size K, 6.5 mm crochet hook.
Modifications: I added a chained edging adapted from A Gathering of Lace, by Meg Swansen.

I love the idea of lovely gossamer lace and greatly admire the details such as the wedding veil in the 1998 Pieceworks. Alas I don't have the concentration or whatever it takes to make those complicated airy masterpieces, but feather and fan I can do! This shawl came out the perfect size for vertically challenged mwah! Who knows? Maybe it will even get blocked one of these days. The pattern was well written and easy to follow. I read in one of Elizabeth Zimmerman's books that one must avoid binding off or casting on for a good shawl, so I used the crochet edging instead of a knitted bind off.




TP Totoro Take 3 is nearly dry. Take 1 and 2 are discussing whether or not he will fit a TP roll.

3 comments:

Opal said...

the shawl is beautiful and totoro tp roll covers are adorable!

kbrow said...

A pretty, pretty shawl. I love the way that came out with the color changes. Yum.

Mokihana said...

I love the Totoro!! And the shawl... wow... I wish I could knit lidat!