I was tagged by candsmon
20 things about me? Feel free to take a nap before getting to the end;)
1. I love Totoro. Okay I admit I sometimes feel guilty that at my age I still play with dolls, but hey, at least it keeps me off the street!
2. I jumped on the trampoline for fun until age 40
3. I majored in Chemistry in college and loved Organic Chemistry which was a lot like cooking class. I singed my eyebrows off and got quite a scare allowing potassium metal to come in contact with water with explosive results. Potassium is like that, and I’ll never forget it!
4. I used to fantasize that I was going to marry George Harrison.
5. I have never left America. Nope, not even Canada or Mexico. Some think Hawaii is a foreign country.
6. I love movies, especially science fiction, samurai and weird stuff.
7. I have serial addictions. Knitting, sewing, quilting, basket making, stamping, jewelry making, and movie conversions, just to name a few.
8. I have a fireplace in my house, even though I live in Hawaii.
9. I live in the house I grew up in and my folks live next door.
10. All my sisters live on the Mainland. I have 3 of them, and no brothers. I have 2 sons who live with me.
11. I lasted two weeks working in the pineapple cannery. I apparently cannot tell a choice from a fancy pineapple even with the 15 minute training I got. It held me up trying to decide which can to put the fruit in especially during my 3 am shift. I have much admiration for those that could do it.
12. It came as quite a shock to me that my house gets dusty. Apparently my mother was such a premier housekeeper, she hid all the dust from me.
13. I learned so much from my kids. Growing up I was lead to believe parents had everything to do with how kids turned out.
14. Okay, very sad to admit, I was not the breastfeeding champ of my family. The poor starving child was so grateful to get a bottle of formula, he slept through the night. Talk about guilt!!
15. When I was in grade school I thought if I taught myself to be left handed I could change my personality.
16. I hiked into Havasu Canyon with a backpack on my back and made it out to tell the tale.
17. I went to college in Kansas. I saw snow there at age 18 for the first time in my life and it took me 3 years to find out how to stay warm. In retrospect a lot of that had to do with the fact that I was hooked on cotton, and didn’t give wool a chance. Wool is so warm and dyes into such beautiful colors!
18. I recently got divorced after 25 years of marriage.
19. I own 3 sewing machines and one serger. Since I ran off with yarn, they are all very neglected.
20. I did my Family Practice Residency in Kentucky. I made some very good friends had wonderful experiences there, like rafting down the Rock Castle River, Shakertown, visiting Bybee pottery, driving the horse country, the best peach ever, fireflies and John Hartford concerts.